And people accuse me of being superficial? Check this out. My spies send along this gem -- a questionnaire that The Oregonian has apparently e-mailed to the candidates for Portland City Council and the Multnomah County Commission (at least, several of the challengers):
Please accept our apologies for this mass mailing, but it's the easiest way to get this to everyone at once. Below you'll find a quick questionnaire we're asking everyone running for county and city offices to fill out. We'll be following up with phone calls to make sure that you received this but, barring some sort of technical problem, please try to get it back to us by March 9.
We look forward to speaking with each of you individually as the campaigns progress. If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call.
Thanks for your time.
- Anna Griffin and Ryan Frank
1. What's your full name?
2. Give us some quick details on your family: Spouse's name and occupation, kids' names and ages.
3. Give us some quick details on your political and employment background.
4. How much did you pay in property taxes last year?
5. Pick three adjectives that describe you.
6. What's your favorite website?
7. Favorite movie?
8. Have you seen, "Brokeback Mountain?"
9. What's in your pocket right now?
10. List the cars your family owns.
11. If you have kids, did they/do they attend public schools?
12. What magazines do you subscribe to?
13. What's your dream job?
14. "Lost" or "Dancing with the Stars?"
15. Coffee or tea?
16. Beer or wine?
17. Do you, or have you ever, smoked?
18. Ducks or Beavers?
19. When was the last time you attended a Blazers game?
20. Have you ever bought a lottery ticket?
21. What's your car radio tuned to right now?
22. Do you wear a watch?
23. When was the last time you attended church/synagogue?
24. Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush?
25. What did you eat yesterday?
26. Do you know your cholesterol level?
27. Introvert or extrovert?
28. Cindy, Jan or Marcia?
29. Mac or PC?
30. Good cop or bad cop?
31. Beethoven, Barry Manilow or Brittany Spears?
32. Have you ever been inside your next-door-neighbor's house?
33. Do you have any tattoos? What and where?
34. Did you pledge a fraternity or sorority in college?
35. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
36. Do you have a second home?
37. Do you screen your calls?
38. What's your screen saver?
39. What time do you wake up? What time do you go to bed?
40. Does your cellphone take pictures?
41. Have you ever fired a gun?
Miles run year to date: 104
At this date last year: 143
Total run in 2015: 271
In 2014: 401
In 2013: 257
In 2012: 129
In 2011: 113
In 2010: 125
In 2009: 67
In 2008: 28
In 2007: 113
In 2006: 100
In 2005: 149
In 2004: 204
In 2003: 269